Saturday, March 25, 2006

Update

So a busy week off work started with finishing to strip down the Midget ready for its respray at Ross's paint shop. www.ross-packard.co.uk
With that done I attempted my first tow and with someone else's trailer and my wife's car on it!! Thanks Tim for the loan, really must get my own one now. An uneventful trip to the New Forest was had thankfully and then home to start on the B.
Wheeled the B out of the hanger where she has been parked up since the last weekend in October last year, and did the usual oil checks and turned her over with the coil disconnected just to get some fluid moving then re-attached the coil and fired straight away with just as much bangin and popin as when parked up (must work on that self fixing attachment).
Drove her down to the garage and started stripping the head off to get to the problem (the Cam timing)
So after much faffing about and telephone calls to Ian McDougall-Bell,http://macsport.blogspot.com/, I finally managed to get my head around how to work out where the cam should be. Set at 107 degrees ATDC on the number 1 inlet valve. See sounds easy now!! But thanks to all for there assistance with the daftness that was flowing at an alarming rate.
Finally got it all finished last night at around 6pm and this morning took her for a blast arund the farm and had a HUGE grin on my face whe I came home eventually!! Just need to get an MOT now. Well and a trailer........

No comments: